- The application deadline is February 15th of each year
Completed application packages must be postmarked on or before the deadline date.
- Incomplete and late applications are not considered
- Equal consideration is given to part time and full time applications
- Applicants indicate if they wish to apply for campus or online distance delivery
- Applicants cannot apply for both delivery modes
The BSW application package includes:
- BSW Application Information [PDF - 73 KB]
- The Dalhousie Undergraduate Application form found at: http://www.dal.ca/admissions/apply/applying_for_undergraduate_studies.html
and application fee
- Applicant check list [PDF - 39 KB]
- Social work statement cover sheet (not an interactive form)[PDF - 85 KB], and paper
- Official university transcripts (Highschool transcripts are not required)
- Work/volunteer summary forms [PDF - 78 KB]
- Two references (two out of the three references are required):
Academic [PDF - 93 KB]
Work [PDF - 95 KB]
Volunteer [PDF - 95 KB]
The BSW application is a self-managed process. Applicants submit the Dalhousie Undergraduate Application form and application fee to the Registrar’s Office. All other supporting documents should be sent to the School of Social Work.
Interviews are not part of the admission process unless specifically requested by the Admissions Committee.