- The application deadline is February 15th of each year
Completed application packages must be postmarked on or before the deadline date.
- Incomplete and late applications are not considered
- Equal consideration is given to part time and full time applications
- Applicants indicate if they wish to apply for campus or online distance delivery
- Applicants cannot apply for both delivery modes
The BSW application package includes:
- BSW Application Information [PDF - 180 KB]
- The Dalhousie Undergraduate Application form found at: http://www.dal.ca/admissions/apply/applying_for_undergraduate_studies.html
and application fee
- Applicant check list [PDF - 39 KB]
- Social work statement cover sheet (not an interactive form)[PDF - 66 KB], and paper
- Official university transcripts (Highschool transcripts are not required)
- Work/volunteer summary forms [PDF - 78 KB]
- Two references (two out of the three references are required):
Academic [PDF - 93 KB]
Work [PDF - 95 KB]
Volunteer [PDF - 95 KB]
The BSW application is a self-managed process. Applicants submit the Dalhousie Undergraduate Application form and application fee to the Registrar’s Office.
During Covid-19 we are accepting emailed transcripts from the institution and emailed references from referees. Transcripts and references can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other BSW application documents (applicant check list, work/volunteer summary forms and social work statement) can be mailed to the School of Social Work. Please note, buildings are closed so it is not possible to drop off these documents.
Due to the large number of applicants each year, the School of Social Work does not personally confirm receipt of your Supplementary Application documents. You can track receipt of your supplementary documents on the online check list. Please note this check list will not update immediately upon receiving your supplementary documents.
Interviews are not part of the admission process unless specifically requested by the Admissions Committee.