The following are considered in the selection process:
- Academic performance
- Work/Volunteer Experience - within the group of applicants who meet the academic requirements, preference is given to those who have had significant social work-related experience, paid or a minimum of 200 volunteer hours.
- Strength of Social Work Statement
- Personal suitability for the study and practice of social work
- Strength of References
Important notes about selection:
- Possession of admission requirements does not guarantee an offer of admission
- Each applicant is notified by mail or email in mid May of the Admissions Committee’s final recommendation to the Dalhousie University Registrar. Acceptances are conditional on the approval of the Registrar.
- We receive approximately 250 applications for campus study and we accept around 90.
- We receive approximately 260 applications for distance delivery study and we accept around 80.