School of Nursing News» Go to news main
We are pleased to announce the following academic appointments in the School of Nursing:
TENURE and PROMOTION
Please join us in congratulating:
- Dr. Amy Bombay on tenure and promotion to Associate Professor effective July 1, 2019.
- Dr. Marsha Campbell-Yeo on promotion to Full Professor effective July 1, 2019.
- Dr. Ingrid Waldron on reappointment and tenure as Associate Professor effective July 1, 2019.
PROBATIONARY and SENIOR INSTRUCTORS
- Ms. Nadine Ezzeddine has accepted the position of Probationary Instructor with a start date of July 1, 2019. Nadine has a BScN (American University of Beirut); a Teaching Diploma in Science Education (American University of Beirut); a master’s in microbiology and Immunology (American University of Beirut); and a Master of Nursing (Dalhousie). She also holds a Certificate in University Teaching and Learning (Dalhousie).
- Ms. Carol Ritchie has accepted the position of Senior Instructor with a start date of July 1, 2019. Carol has a BScN (Alberta) and a Master of Education in Curriculum Studies (Acadia). She also has Certificates in Critical Care Nursing (NSHA), Adult Education (Dalhousie) and Simulation Education (Harvard). Carol has been an instructor at the School of Nursing since May 2010.
- Dr. Cathy Sheffer has accepted the position of Senior Instructor with a start date of July 1, 2019. Cathy has a BN (Dalhousie); a MN (Dalhousie) and PhD Nursing (Dalhousie) and has been teaching at the School of Nursing for 20 years. Cathy has also accepted the position of Associate Director, Undergraduate Studies for the period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022. Please join me in welcoming Cathy to this role.
- Ms. Susan Prendergast has accepted a 2-year limited term, Nurse Practitioner appointment with a start date of August 1, 2019. Susan has a BPHE (Toronto); BScN (McMaster); BMid (Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand); MN/Advanced Practice Nursing, NP (Alberta). She is currently a PhD candidate (Dalhousie) with planned convocation Fall 2019.
PROBATIONARY TENURE TRACK
- Dr. Christine Cassidy has accepted a probationary tenure track position with a start date of August 5, 2019. Christine has a BScN (UPEI); a PhD Nursing (Dalhousie); and a Post Doctoral Fellowship (Ottawa). Her research program addresses priority practice issues in Nova Scotia to enhance quality of care for Nova Scotians. As an embedded nurse researcher at the IWK Health Centre, this has allowed Christine to focus on the implementation and evaluation of nursing practice and policy changes.
- Dr. Kelly Lackie has accepted a probationary tenure track position with a start date of September 1, 2019. Kelly has a Diploma in Nursing (Aberdeen Hospital of Nursing); a MN (Dalhousie); and a PhD Nursing (Dalhousie). Kelly was one of the first nurses to receive the Canadian Simulation Nurse Education designation. Her research is positioned in the fields of IPE and learning; interprofessional collaboration and its effects on productivity and health workforce planning; simulation-based education; and evidence-based decision making.
- Dr. Elaine Moody has accepted a probationary tenure track position with a start date of September 1, 2019. Elaine has a BScN (St. FX); a MScN (UBC); a PhD Nursing (UBC) and a Post Doctoral Fellowship (Dalhousie). Her research interests focus on older adults including; social inclusion for older people; primary healthcare for older people with complex needs; cognitive function and acute care nursing of older people particularly those with challenging behaviors.
- SON Director, Prof Inducted to American Academy of Nursing
- JBI Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Workshop
- 34 new members inducted into STTI Rho Rho Chapter
- Academic Appointments
- SON, Nunavut Arctic College celebrate their 20‑year successful, collaborative partnership
- SON 2019 Scholarships, Recipients of the Nursing R&D Grants
- Updates from Yarmouth Campus
- Dr. Ruth Martin‑Misener has been appointed Director, School of Nursing 2019‑2024