School of Nursing News» Go to news main
Dr. Lisa Goldberg wins the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
Congratulations to Dr. Goldberg for receiving the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity. Lisa is being recognized for her ongoing contribution to the Nursing curriculum in the area of LGBTQ+ health. By way of a caring science philosophy, she has been transformative in her approach with students in creating learning spaces of safety. This has fostered student understanding that change in their professional (i.e. clinical) practices can only occur when change first occurs in their personal practices. This further engages students in recognizing the fundamental role of the reflexive self in the politicization of their practice.
See dal news story....
- Dr. Lisa Goldberg wins the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
- Two Dal Health School of Nursing faculty members honoured by Canadian Nurses Association
- First year nursing students responding to the summer shortage in food donations for foodbank
- New Director of the School of Nursing and Assistant Dean Appointed
- Being a Community Leader: Nursing Student, Jacqueline Jenkins Leads an Initiative to Combat Social Stigma and Celebrate the People and Strengths of her Community
- Nursing Grad Recieves the University Medal for Overall Highest GPA
- The Aboriginal Children's Hurt & Healing Initiative (ACHH) presented on Parliament Hill
- Master of Nursing Grad, Keisha Jefferies, Profiled in Dal News