School of Nursing News» Go to news main
Dr. Lisa Goldberg wins the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
Congratulations to Dr. Goldberg for receiving the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity. Lisa is being recognized for her ongoing contribution to the Nursing curriculum in the area of LGBTQ+ health. By way of a caring science philosophy, she has been transformative in her approach with students in creating learning spaces of safety. This has fostered student understanding that change in their professional (i.e. clinical) practices can only occur when change first occurs in their personal practices. This further engages students in recognizing the fundamental role of the reflexive self in the politicization of their practice.
See dal news story....
- Message from The Director
- Dr. Margot Latimer: Using a two‑eyed seeing approach to address Aboriginal children's pain
- Congratulations to our Nursing Fall Graduates
- Nursing in the News
- Kudos ‑ Celebrating significant achievements of our faculty, students and alumni.
- Message from outgoing Director Kathleen MacMillan
- Dr. Lisa Goldberg wins the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
- Two Dal Health School of Nursing faculty members honoured by Canadian Nurses Association