School of Nursing News» Go to news main
Dr. Lisa Goldberg wins the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
Congratulations to Dr. Goldberg for receiving the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity. Lisa is being recognized for her ongoing contribution to the Nursing curriculum in the area of LGBTQ+ health. By way of a caring science philosophy, she has been transformative in her approach with students in creating learning spaces of safety. This has fostered student understanding that change in their professional (i.e. clinical) practices can only occur when change first occurs in their personal practices. This further engages students in recognizing the fundamental role of the reflexive self in the politicization of their practice.
See dal news story....
- New BScN Program Accredited by CASN
- Dalhousie School of Nursing Leads Undergrad Education by Offering Certificate Options for Students
- Dal Nursing Faculty and Students Capture Four 2018 CRNNS Awards!
- February 2018
- Legacy of anti‑black racism: How does it affect property rights and environmental decisions?
- JBI Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Workshop
- Lisa Goldberg earns Dal's award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
- Nursing's Ingrid Waldron launches new book titled There's Something in the Water: Environmental Racism in Indigenous and Black Communities"