Dalhousie's Faculty of Computer Science offers two undergraduate degree programs - Applied Computer Science and Computer Science - that will give you the technical know-how to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Technology is everywhere, and computer science graduates are needed in every industry. Our goal is to equip you with the deep technical, problem-solving and leadership skills needed to create new computing technologies and to harness software to empower people, organizations and society.
Bachelor of Applied Computer Science
Discover Dal’s Applied Computer Science program and how technology impacts on the world. Become a professional who’s also a strong communicator, a problem solver and a team player — exactly what organizations need to achieve more in this competitive world.
Bachelor of Computer Science
Explore Dal’s Computer Science program and develop great programming skills and expertise in core software design concepts. Become an exceptional designer and builder of new software technologies — exactly what is needed in today’s ever-changing technological landscape.
Make your degree your own
- Want to gain work experience through co-op?
- Want to use your classroom knowledge on emerging tech in our innovation space, ShiftKey Labs?
- Interested in continuing on to grad school? An honours programme can prep you. Even better, get started early and finish faster!
- Want to add a certificate to your degree in a specialized area?
- Considered living a term abroad?
A world of opportunity
Technology is transforming the world. So can you.
This is just a sample of the careers available to you with a Computer Science degree:
- Project Manager
- App Developer
- Business Owner
- Marketing Technologist
- Data Analyst
- Web Developer
- Software Engineer
- Digital Health Professional
- Ocean Data Analyst
- Program Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Innovation Consultant
- Technical Consultant
- Game Developer