Dalhousie's Faculty of Computer Science offers two undergraduate degree programs - Applied Computer Science and Computer Science - that will give you the technical know-how to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Technology is everywhere, and computer science graduates are needed in every industry. Our goal is to equip you with the technical, problem-solving and leadership skills needed to create new computing technologies and to use software to empower people, organizations and society. Regardless of your background knowledge with coding or technology,
we have a path and program that can be right for you.
Bridge the gap between technology and management in Dal’s Bachelor Applied Computer Science degree program.
We've created a first-year experience that provides all students with a great foundation in computer science and problem-solving. To help you get started as a first year student, we've compiled a list of suggested courses and resources that might help you out.
Support & Resources
- CS-specific entrance scholarships
- Dedicated academic advisors
- Learning Centre with tutors
- Peer course representatives & mentorship
- New classroom technology to provide regular & immediate feedback and tailor student support
- Two student societies
- Want to chat with a student before getting here? Contact an ambassador!