It pays to study here
Most computer science students at Dalhousie receive financial support from the university’s extensive scholarship and bursary program.
Financial support isn’t only determined by grades. You may also be eligible based on leadership, community involvement, athleticism or where you live. Scholarships exist for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Some scholarships are available exclusively to students in the Faculty of Computer Science (FCS). Your application for FCS specific scholarships is separate from your application for general Dalhousie entrance awards/scholarships.
FCS undergraduate entrance scholarships
Applications open Friday, December 4th, 2023:
- Bachelor of Computer Science Entrance Scholarship
- Bachelor of Applied Computer Science Entrance Scholarship
- WeAreAllCS Women in Technology Entrance Scholarship
- Leacross Foundation Entrance Scholarship
- WeAreAllCS Indigenous Student Entrance Scholarship
- WeAreAllCS African Nova Scotian and African Descent Student Entrance Scholarship
- Bachelor of Applied Computer Science Articulation Entrance Scholarship
We encourage you to apply for any FCS scholarships that you are eligible for but, please note, you will only be selected for one.
If you have any questions about FCS specific scholarships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships and funding for incoming graduate students
Other sources of university funding
That's the spirit
The Faculty of Computer Science offers its own awards and scholarships to energetic and committed computer science students involved with the Computer Science Society. Ranging from $1,000 to $3,000, the Leadership and Citizenship Awards recognize just how important community spirit and social development are to personal and academic growth.