Costs & Fees
No bills. No worries.
Staying in residence is a bit like staying at an all-inclusive resort. Your accommodation, WiFi, heat, water, electricity and, in many cases, meals, are paid for upfront, so you don't have to worry about bills while you're here.
Residence & Meal Plan Rates & Fees: 2021/22 academic year
Popular with undergraduate students, traditional residences include both single and double (roommate) rooms. A meal plan is mandatory for all traditional residences.
|Traditional Residences||Room Type||Fall||Winter||Total|
|Howe Hall-Fountain House||Single||$4,424.64||$4,671.36||$9,096|
|LeMarchant Place||Single room or room in any suite||$4,826.38
These apartment-style residences offer many of the advantages of residence life such as access to residence programs and facilities, and the option to purchase a meal plan.
Non-Traditional residences include the option to purchase a meal plan. See Dining to learn more.
Meal Plan Options
|Freedom Plan: An unlimited swipe plan. In other words, all you care to eat, as many times as you like while the dining hall is open. Includes $200 in Food Bucks to be spent on and off campus ($100 per term).||$2,134.46||$2,248.54||$4,383|
|19 Meals per week plus $200 in Food Bucks to be spent on and off campus ($100 per term).||$2,007.03||$2,113.97||$4,121|
|14 Meals per week plus $150 in Food Bucks to be spent on and off campus ($75 per term).||$1,952.85||$2,058.15||$4,011|
|10 Meals per week (Returning students only) plus $350 in Food Bucks to be spent on and off campus ($175 per term).||$1,908.40||$2,005.60||$3,914|
|Block Plan 1: (LeMarchant Place students only) 217 meals to be used any time throughout the academic year. (Equivalent to 7 meals/week). Includes $200 in Food Bucks that can be redeemed at participating DalCard food outlets.||$3,442|
|Block Plan 2: (LeMarchant Place students only) 155 meals to be used any time throughout the academic year. (Equivalent to 5 meals/week). Includes $200 in Food Bucks that can be redeemed at participating DalCard food outlets.
See Dining to learn more.
*Please note, meal plans are selected at the time you accept your room offer and will be charged to your student account with your residence fee. Residence students do not need to purchase a meal plan separately. Please contact the Residence Office if you'd like to change your meal plan during the year.
Things to Know
- Residence rates are subject to change without notice.
- Residence rates vary depending on the location and style of accommodation.
- For all traditional residences a meal plan is mandatory.
- Non-Traditional residences do not include a meal plan, but one can be purchased through Dalhousie Food Services. See Dining to learn more.
- Residence fees include dedicated high-speed Internet access and Eastlink Stream, a streaming entertainment service. Traditional HD cable is also available in TV lounges. See WiFi, TV & Phone to learn more.
- Prices listed do not include the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- All fees are quoted per student, not per room.
- Food Bucks are funds included with your Meal Plan (see above) to provide you with more dining options. The amount of Food Bucks you have access to varies depending on your Meal Plan. Food Bucks can be used to pay for food and non-alcoholic beverages at select food vendors where DalCard is accept. There are several accounts on your DalCard. Whenever you use your DalCard at a participating food vendor, the funds will be withdrawn from your Food Bucks account first, and then from your general DalDollars account, if additional funds are needed. Learn more about your DalCard accounts.