WiFi, TV & Phone
Lounges temporarily closed
For your safety, all TV and study lounges are closed until further notice and will only be open for supervised events. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you in advance for your support and understanding.
See COVID-19 Info for more details about our residence safety protocols.
WiFi and TV service included in residence fees
Residence fees include dedicated high-speed Internet and WiFi in residence, currently provided by Eastlink. You'll also have direct access to live and OnDemand TV streaming on any device through the native streaming apps of more than 30 popular TV networks. You will also be able to enjoy an expanded selection of HD programming options -- including more movie channels and sports networks -- in your residence TV lounges. See below for more information on these new entertainment options.
TV Network and OnDemand Streaming
Tons of TV programming at your fingertips
Live TV and OnDemand TV Series
Enjoy direct access to dozens of TV network streaming services -- for free.
This improved streaming solution will:
- Improve your viewing experience on laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Ensure you have access to the latest episodes and value-added content available
- Enable you to access these networks from anywhere in Canada
- In most cases, enable resident students to connect their laptop, tablet, smartphone to larger external screens
With your Eastlink Streaming username and password, you can use these credentials to login in directly to TV network websites on your laptop and app on your tablet/smartphone.
TV network live and OnDemand streaming is available to all residence students and is included in your residence fees.
How to Connect
- Log on to the Residence WiFi.
- Get your new Eastlink TV Streaming username (Dal NetID) and your temporary password by filling in this simple form. Eastlink will provide your temporary password quickly.
- Visit your favourite TV network websites or download their app from either Google Play or the App Store.
- Sign in by choosing Eastlink as your TV service provider, and enter your Dalhousie NetID and your Eastlink Streaming password, and enjoy.
Streaming Network Links
As additional TV networks are added, we will let you know!
Expanded HD Entertainment in TV Lounges
More movies & sports
TVs in the common areas provide access to an even bigger selection of more of what you want, including:
- Super Sports Package - you won’t miss a minute of action with NHL Centre Ice, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, US College Football and Basketball. Channels 431-471, 491
- More movie channels: Movietime, Super Channel Fuse, Super Channel Vault, Super Channel Heart & Home, Hollywood Suite 2000s, Hollywood Suite 90s, Hollywood Suite 80s
- Adult Swim and the Documentary channel
Download our updated channel guides for lounges
- Channel Guide for Lounges - Alphabetical [PDF - 70 KB]
- Channel Guide for Lounges - Numerical [PDF - 69 KB]
To enrich your TV experience even more, additional speciality channels, HD cable and DVRs can be ordered directly from Eastlink. See the Eastlink website for what more you can get to customize your entertainment package. Call 902-377-4325 to add to your entertainment package.
Dedicated Residence WiFi
Your high-speed, dedicated Internet connection in residence
Highlights of our Residence WiFi service
- Access WiFi anywhere in residence
- You can use WiFi on up to five devices per student at speeds of up to 100 Mbps per device
- You can also access the network via an Ethernet connection
- Online and telephone technical support is available from Eastlink 24/7
Logging on to the Residence WiFi network
A single login will enable you to connect wherever you are within residence. To access the new Dalhousie Residence WiFi network, search for the "Residence" network and log on using your Dalhousie NetID username and password.
Your Dalhousie email account & NetID
When you get accepted to Dalhousie University you're assigned a unique @dal.ca email address that you are expected to use. Please send your new @dal.ca email address to your friends and family. Your NetID is your link to the Residence WiFi network and the Dalhousie WPA2 wireless network used on the rest of campus. Learn more about the available WiFi networks on campus.
To set up your NetID and Dal email address, go to MyDal and click on the New Users link. You will need to have your Student ID number (starts with B00) to set up your email account.
Help us prevent security problems
- Protect your password - A password is like a toothbrush; choose a good one, don’t share it with anyone, and replace occasionally!
- Secure your computer - Use antivirus software. Be careful what you download, too. The more you add, the more you risk.
- Be savvy - Be careful and judicious about what you post online. Never assume an entitlement of privacy online. What you post is forever, for better or worse.
Helpful IT security tips
Visit the Dal Information Technology Services website.
Telephone and Wireless Deals
Telephones are not included with your room. However, you can order one directly from Eastlink. Check out the Eastlink website for more information.
Call 902-377-4325 to book an appointment for Eastlink to set up a phone in your room.