Live in Dal's largest residence
During the academic year, 716 students live in the ironstone buildings of Howe Hall. You'll find it centrally located on Studley Campus at Coburg Road and LeMarchant Street.
Howe Hall features single and double* (two single beds) rooms furnished with a bed, bureau and desk for each student.
What you'll find in Howe Hall
- hockey equipment & bike room
- meal plan is mandatory
- first-year, returning & transfer students
- shared, all-gender and gender-specific washrooms with private shower and toilet stalls
- regular and quiet noise levels
- 24-hour front desk
- dining hall
- television lounges
- all-gender residence
- study areas
- laundry rooms
- Sinks in all Fountain House rooms
Interesting facts about Howe Hall
Howe Hall is broken into six houses. Each house has its own identity and student government.
- Bronson House was built in 1959 and its students are known as the Buccaneers.
- Cameron House was built in 1967 and its students are known as the Killer Cod.
- Fountain House was built in 2002 and its students are known as the Phantoms.
- Henderson House was built in 1964 and students are known as the Bulldogs.
- Smith House was built in 1958 and students are known as the Panthers.
- Studley House was built in 1967 and its students are known as the Stallions.While Studley House is a detached building, it is just steps away from Howe Hall.
- Overall, residents cheer on the Howe Hall Trojans.
Howe Hall residents are proud to participate in the Residence Charity Kick-off (soccer) and the Residence Charity Face-off (hockey). They also look forward to the annual Howe Hall Super Bowl Party. Check out the Residence Life page for more informaton about programs and activities.
Students with accessibility needs should contact Residence for more information.
*Subject to any required COVID-19 response.