Accommodations may be implemented in order to reduce or remove barriers faced by students as a result of a disability, religious obligation and/or other protected characteristics under human rights legislation.
Accommodations may be applied to your learning and evaluation in an academic program or particular course, and/or, to university activities and services.
Making Your Request
- Complete a Request for Accommodation [PDF] and submit it to us along with supporting documentation.
- Medical Assessment Form [PDF] (if needed)
An appointment with the Coordinator of Academic Accommodations is required for all students new to Dalhousie. Appointments can occur by telephone or in-person. We will contact all returning students via your Dalhousie email if an appointment with the Coordinator is required before an accommodation decision can be made.
- The Coordinator of Academic Accommodations will assess your request.
- We will then consult with you, your course instructor(s), Faculty Student Accommodation Liaison and administrators, as required.
- Decisions concerning academic accommodation are typically communicated within ten working days of receipt of your request. You can expect delays during peak periods, such as immediately prior to, or at the beginning of, each academic term.