The Langille Athletic Centre is excited to offer a variety of activities for members and students. Members will be required to book activity pods (see below for pod descriptions) in advance by contacting us at email@example.com. Bookings will be allowed 72 hours prior to use. If booking a court (please see below restrictions) all participants are to be included in the booking and must be members of the facility.
Please adhere to physical distancing rules for the following court sports:
Badminton & Pickleball - Only singles play will be permitted initially, unless the partners are considered from the same 10 person social group who are not practicing physical distancing (maximum of 4 per pod). Participants must remain on the same court (pod) for the entire booking (no court/pod swapping).
Squash - Drilling or playing modified games which maintain the physical distance of two meters, but also of play between two members of the same 10 person social group who are not practicing physical distancing.
Basketball - 2 participants per hoop (pod) who are from the same 10 person social group who are not practicing physical distancing. Participants must remain on the same court (pod) for the entire booking (no court/pod swapping).
Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to allow access to showers, towel service, or sport equipment loans.
*Update* - As of January 4th locker room access is available for day use lockers only.
|Days||General Pod Booking Start Times (90 minute time slot)
||Weight Room Booking Start Times (60 minute time slot)
|Monday-Thursday||9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 7:30pm||9am, 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm, 7:30pm
|Friday||9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm||9am, 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm|
|Sunday||1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 7:30pm||1:30pm, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm, 7:30pm|
|Please be respectful and stay in your pod unless special permission is given. Times are subject to change.|
MAIN GYMNASIUM PODS
CARDIO/SELECTORIZED ROOM PODS
WEIGHT ROOM and
FUNCTIONAL FITNESS ROOM PODS
Our Expectation of Members (Including Students):
- A booking is required in order to use the facility. Members are expected to attend your appointment or cancel the booking if they are no longer able to attend.
- For court sports one booking can be made on behalf of the group, however, everyone must be a member of the facility.
- You will only be allowed to use the equipment in your reserved fitness pod unless special permission is provided.
- A membership card or DalCard is required to access the facility.
- Directional signage and staff directives must be followed at all times to ensure proper health protocols and physical distancing.
- Please be on time for your appointment but arrive no earlier then 10 minutes before the start of your booking. The facility doors will be locked until 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Please be kind and patient with everyone.
- Pace yourself as you return to physical activity.
- At the end of an activity time slot, everyone booked for that time slot must exit the facility, regardless of the time they entered.
- Masks are required as members move about the facility, but not during workouts within their booked fitness pods.
Commitment to Health and Safety:
- The development of Safe Work Procedures for staff.
- Reinforcing personal hygiene measures for members and staff including frequent hand washing while in the facilities.
- Health screening for members/students upon entry to the facility (see below).
- Health screening protocols for staff.
- Directional and capacity signage to ensure physical distancing.
- Personal protective equipment for staff.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures in between and during member appointment period.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Installation of plexiglass at the Equipment desk and gym monitors desk.
Members will be required to complete a pre-screening:
Do you have current symptoms of COVID-19, listed here:
Have you traveled outside of Nova Scotia within the last 14 days or are under any requirement to quarantine as per Nova Scotia Health Regulations listed here (https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/restrictions-and-guidance)?
Have you had close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19?
Cleaning Products: We will be using Oxivir® Plus Disinfectant Cleaner Concentrate to disinfect equipment in between bookings.