Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Hermes and Loki
Hermes and Loki live with Jennifer Pierce, a development coordinator in the Office of Advancement.
(Find information on how to submit your own pet's profile at the bottom of this profile.)
Name: Hermes, after the Greek god, not the fancy scarves
Nickname: Hermie, Herman, Hermie-Wormie, Wiggle-Butt
Species/breed: Boxer-lab cross
Fave food: If it is food, or if it touched food once, he will eat it.
Special tricks: Finding the tiniest bit of space to fit on the couch when you tell him there is no more room.
Best quality: Pure love and snuggles
Social media platform or handle, if available: He has a hashtag, #itwasHermes, for his many adventures.
Name: Loki, after the Norse god, not the Marvel character (she came first!)
Nickname: Loki-Lou, Lou-Lou, Wiggle-Nubbin
Species/breed: we joke she was put together by committee. She’s a super mutt
Fave food: Mushrooms. She will do anything for a mushroom.
Special tricks: She can give high five- and ten, shake paws, sit pretty, spin in a circle, and hold a treat on her nose until given permission to eat it.
Best quality: Calm sweetness
Social media platform or handle, if available: Her hashtag is #LokiToo because even though she’s older, Hermes is the bigger goofball and she tags along.
Want to tell the Dal community about your beloved pet? Forward along your image(s) and information using the above categories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about this series on Dal News. And don't forget to check out the previous pets we've featured in this space this month, including Hamish, Maple, Paulomer and Declan, as well as those from previous months:
The month in pets: January
The month in pets: February
- Upcoming Stokes seminar: “My Past and Thoughts,” with Dr. Norman Pereira
- Keep calm, it's only conflict
- Seeking participants for intermittent fasting research
- TA posting: Financial Accounting (MGTA 2004)
- Study Skills Workshops (Halifax)
- Biology departmental seminar: The effects of ocean warming on global fish catches
- October 4: Study in Italy Info Session + Country Lives in Baroque Tuscany
- Front Desk closure: Student Accounts Office