News» Go to news main
2017‑18 Smith Shield Moot team announced
The Moot Committee is delighted to announce the names of the advocates who will make up the 2017-18 Smith Shield team. They are: Tim Heneghan, Melia Moorhouse, Alicia Wilbert, Ian Wilenius, and Melanie McKenna (alternate).
"Please join me in congratulating Tim, Melia, Alicia, Ian, and Melanie and all of the other superb advocates who tried out this year," says Professor Cynthia Chewter.
Chewter would like to thank the other members of the Moot Committee – Professor Lorraine Lafferty, Viniyak Mishra, Sydni Kind, and Danielle Levesque – for their hard work this year and also the faculty, staff, 3L CJs, 1L court clerks, and practitioner volunteers who make the second-year moots possible.
- KUDOS! Alumna Tilly Pillay (LLB '89) named new executive director of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- KUDOS! Former law school professor Bruce Wildsmith receives the NSBS 2017 Distinguished Service Award
- KUDOS! Law school alumna Ann Marie Simmons (LLB '83) appointed new Provincial and Family Court judge
- KUDOS! Professor David VanderZwaag's Canada Research Chair has been renewed for seven years
- IN MEMORIAM: David A. Stewart (LLB '59)
- KUDOS! Professor Kim Brooks and alumna Nathalie Goyette appointed to the Judicial Advisory Committee for the Tax Court of Canada
- Former Chief Justice Thomas Cromwell joined members of the Cape Breton Bar Society for breakfast on Oct. 6
- KUDOS! Professor Jocelyn Downie receives 2016 CIHR Barer‑Flood Prize in Health Services and Policy Research at a ceremony in Edmonton