News» Go to news main
2017‑18 Smith Shield Moot team announced
The Moot Committee is delighted to announce the names of the advocates who will make up the 2017-18 Smith Shield team. They are: Tim Heneghan, Melia Moorhouse, Alicia Wilbert, Ian Wilenius, and Melanie McKenna (alternate).
"Please join me in congratulating Tim, Melia, Alicia, Ian, and Melanie and all of the other superb advocates who tried out this year," says Professor Cynthia Chewter.
Chewter would like to thank the other members of the Moot Committee – Professor Lorraine Lafferty, Viniyak Mishra, Sydni Kind, and Danielle Levesque – for their hard work this year and also the faculty, staff, 3L CJs, 1L court clerks, and practitioner volunteers who make the second-year moots possible.
- Schulich Law Professor Jonathon Penney's "chilling" Internet‑regulation research is more urgent now than ever
- KUDOS! 11 law school alumni appointed to the Queen's Counsel
- Schulich Law's first Mini Law School on the Road public lecture explored how to legally protect Indigenous culture
- Portrait of Burnley "Rocky" Jones (LLB '92) unveiled in Weldon's Atrium
- KUDOS! Five Schulich School of Law students win 2017‑2018 Impact Awards
- The Right Hon. Beverley McLachlin, P.C., captivated the crowd in Schulich Law's Room 105
- KUDOS! DBLSA awarded Chapter of the Year 2017‑2018 at Black Law Students' Association of Canada conference
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession