News» Go to news main
2017‑18 Smith Shield Moot team announced
The Moot Committee is delighted to announce the names of the advocates who will make up the 2017-18 Smith Shield team. They are: Tim Heneghan, Melia Moorhouse, Alicia Wilbert, Ian Wilenius, and Melanie McKenna (alternate).
"Please join me in congratulating Tim, Melia, Alicia, Ian, and Melanie and all of the other superb advocates who tried out this year," says Professor Cynthia Chewter.
Chewter would like to thank the other members of the Moot Committee – Professor Lorraine Lafferty, Viniyak Mishra, Sydni Kind, and Danielle Levesque – for their hard work this year and also the faculty, staff, 3L CJs, 1L court clerks, and practitioner volunteers who make the second-year moots possible.
- Associate Professor Anthony Rosborough ft in "Canada champions ‘right to repair,’ but it’s complicated"
- Professor Jocelyn Downie ft in "Assisted suicide patients are “white and privileged”: Trudeau Foundation fellow"
- Meet the 2023‑2024 Purdy Crawford Fellows
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Constitutional challenge in Indigenous lobster fishing case moving ahead this week"
- DLAS Community Legal Worker Mark Culligan ft in "Rents in Nova Scotia are rising faster than any time since the 1970s"
- Associate Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe ft in "Low emissions and economic survival – countries in the global south aren’t getting a fair deal"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Grieving B.C. parents warn of 'predators' after sextortion suicide of son, aged 12"
- Honouring a Life’s Work