News» Go to news main
2017‑18 Smith Shield Moot team announced
The Moot Committee is delighted to announce the names of the advocates who will make up the 2017-18 Smith Shield team. They are: Tim Heneghan, Melia Moorhouse, Alicia Wilbert, Ian Wilenius, and Melanie McKenna (alternate).
"Please join me in congratulating Tim, Melia, Alicia, Ian, and Melanie and all of the other superb advocates who tried out this year," says Professor Cynthia Chewter.
Chewter would like to thank the other members of the Moot Committee – Professor Lorraine Lafferty, Viniyak Mishra, Sydni Kind, and Danielle Levesque – for their hard work this year and also the faculty, staff, 3L CJs, 1L court clerks, and practitioner volunteers who make the second-year moots possible.
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession
- KUDOS! Alumna Diane MacDonald appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court of British Columbia in Vancouver
- KUDOS! Alumni Misty Morrison and Marc Nojh appointed Crown attorneys in Yarmouth
- Derek Twyman, a Canadian recently released from a North Carolina prison, shared his long road to freedom with law school audience
- IN MEMORIAM: Judge Roy Edward "Bud" Kimball
- KUDOS! Four law school alumni in the newest QCs announced for Newfoundland and Labrador
- KUDOS! Professor Matthew Herder awarded a Canadian Institutes of Health Research grant
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers