News» Go to news main
2017‑18 Smith Shield Moot team announced
The Moot Committee is delighted to announce the names of the advocates who will make up the 2017-18 Smith Shield team. They are: Tim Heneghan, Melia Moorhouse, Alicia Wilbert, Ian Wilenius, and Melanie McKenna (alternate).
"Please join me in congratulating Tim, Melia, Alicia, Ian, and Melanie and all of the other superb advocates who tried out this year," says Professor Cynthia Chewter.
Chewter would like to thank the other members of the Moot Committee – Professor Lorraine Lafferty, Viniyak Mishra, Sydni Kind, and Danielle Levesque – for their hard work this year and also the faculty, staff, 3L CJs, 1L court clerks, and practitioner volunteers who make the second-year moots possible.
- KUDOS! Anne Derrick (LLB '80) appointed to Nova Scotia's highest court
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Dean Camille Cameron named to advisory board to select the next Supreme Court justice
- 2017 Weldon Award for Unselfish Public Service
- Sabbatical Spotlight: Professor Robert Currie prepares to start a sabbatical with a pro bono focus
- A descendent of former Dean Donald MacRae and Clan MacRae members enjoyed a visit to our law school
- KUDOS! Alumnus W. Paul Riley (LLB '95) appointed to the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- The Schulich School of Law is looking to hire a Director, Student Services and Engagement
- KUDOS! To Professor Lorraine Lafferty on her retirement