News» Go to news main
House Speaker Geoff Regan visits Schulich Law
Head of the House: Catching up with Geoff Regan
House Speaker, the Honourable Geoff Regan (LLB ’83) dropped by the law school for lunch on November 7th for what turned out to be a lively discussion with students, the Dean and faculty members.
Students were eager to ask questions about his role as Speaker of the House of Commons. Mr. Regan admitted that keeping order with 337 MPs was a challenge. He likened it to “a referee with no linesmen to assist.” However, he stressed “democracy is a privilege and it is my challenge to try to improve the system —our parliamentary process should not be taken for granted.”
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Why Judy Wilson Raybolt can't comment on SNC Lavalin case"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Justice Committee defeats Conservative motion calling for Trudeau to waive attorney‑client privilege and allow Wilson‑Raybould to testify"
- LLM candidate Wendy MacGregor ft in "Researcher says sexual violence is a part of sports culture"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Wilson‑Raybould retains former Supreme Court justice to advise her on what she can tell public"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Acadia/St. FX hockey brawl"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "N.S. advocate wants prime minister to apologize for alleged racial profiling incident on Parliament Hill"
- Professor Archie Kaiser ft in "Academic community in Halifax voices support for overdose prevention site"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "'I don't know why it took that long': RCMP say it took over a month to learn of possible assault at NSWC"