News» Go to news main
House Speaker Geoff Regan visits Schulich Law
Head of the House: Catching up with Geoff Regan
House Speaker, the Honourable Geoff Regan (LLB ’83) dropped by the law school for lunch on November 7th for what turned out to be a lively discussion with students, the Dean and faculty members.
Students were eager to ask questions about his role as Speaker of the House of Commons. Mr. Regan admitted that keeping order with 337 MPs was a challenge. He likened it to “a referee with no linesmen to assist.” However, he stressed “democracy is a privilege and it is my challenge to try to improve the system —our parliamentary process should not be taken for granted.”
- Professor Constance MacIntosh ft in "How the fisheries crisis evolved and what's next"
- Professor Adelina Iftene ft in "Ban on prisoner voting in municipal elections"
- Professors Adelina Iftene and Sheila Wildeman ft in "Reimagine NS profile: Support and protect"
- Smith Shield 2020: A virtual moot
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "More than 700 COVID‑19 related tickets handed out to Nova Scotians"
- Professor Jocelyn Downie ft in "Law professor deems medically assisted dying amendments welcome, needed"
- Professor Meinhard Doelle ft in "After lengthy wait, Nova Scotia panel to look at proposed aquaculture projects"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "People who want to fight their COVID‑19 tickets are receiving court dates. Is there a time limit with a summary offense ticket?"