News» Go to news main
House Speaker Geoff Regan visits Schulich Law
Head of the House: Catching up with Geoff Regan
House Speaker, the Honourable Geoff Regan (LLB ’83) dropped by the law school for lunch on November 7th for what turned out to be a lively discussion with students, the Dean and faculty members.
Students were eager to ask questions about his role as Speaker of the House of Commons. Mr. Regan admitted that keeping order with 337 MPs was a challenge. He likened it to “a referee with no linesmen to assist.” However, he stressed “democracy is a privilege and it is my challenge to try to improve the system —our parliamentary process should not be taken for granted.”
- ICYMI: KUDOS! Schulich Law Grads appointed to courts in BC and Ontario
- KUDOS! Six Schulich Law grads appointed to Judicial Advisory Committees
- "Unlocking the Cage" film screening and Animals as Legal Persons? panel shone a spotlight on the need for legislation reform in Canada
- IN MEMORIAM: David Ignatius Jones, QC (LLB '56)
- KUDOS! Moira McConnell authors chapters in a book that considers the changes in work on board merchant ships
- Faculty publishing kudos!
- 2017‑18 Smith Shield Moot team announced
- Innis Christie Lecture and Symposium in Labour and Employment Law examined the issues raised by labour market uncertainty