News» Go to news main
House Speaker Geoff Regan visits Schulich Law
Head of the House: Catching up with Geoff Regan
House Speaker, the Honourable Geoff Regan (LLB ’83) dropped by the law school for lunch on November 7th for what turned out to be a lively discussion with students, the Dean and faculty members.
Students were eager to ask questions about his role as Speaker of the House of Commons. Mr. Regan admitted that keeping order with 337 MPs was a challenge. He likened it to “a referee with no linesmen to assist.” However, he stressed “democracy is a privilege and it is my challenge to try to improve the system —our parliamentary process should not be taken for granted.”
- Get to Know...Professor Jodi Lazare
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin co‑edits the International Commission of Jurists Canada book "Canada and the Rule of Law"
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin is co‑editor and co‑author of the groundbreaking book "Regulating Judges"
- Get to Know...Professor Adelina Iftene
- The Nova Scotia Judiciary launches a mentorship program for African Nova Scotian and Indigenous lawyers who want to become judges
- KUDOS! Ian Hanomansing (LLB '86) named a host of the revamped The National
- Get to Know...Professor Lucie Guibault
- KUDOS! Christa Brothers (LLB '96) appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia