News» Go to news main
Kudos! Jamie Simpson publishes new book
Current Law student releases new publication on old-growth forests
The Schulich School of Law would like to congratulate our fellow student, Jamie Simpson, on the publication of his new book this Spring.
Journeys Through Eastern Old-Growth Forests takes us on a trip through 16 of the Maritimes' remaining old-growth forests by way of stories and photographs.
Simpson is a native Maritimer who has worked as a forester and advocate for sensible forestry practices. He has a background in biology and forestry, and he's currently studying here at the Schulich School of Law where he was the recipient for the LexisNexis Environmental Law prize. Simpson is also the author of Restoring the Acadian Forest: A Guide to Forest Stewardship for Woodlot Owners in the Maritimes.
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Professor Jocelyn Downie invested as a Member of the Order of Canada
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law professors receive a 2017 Nova Scotia Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumna Angela Simmonds (LLB '16) receives 2017 Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
- KUDOS! Professor Michael Deturbide reappointed a NSSC board member
- In Memoriam: Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy
- KUDOS! To alumnus Mr. Justice Paul Favel (LLB '95) on his FCC appointment