» Go to news main
Call for applications: Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program‑ January 2022 admission
We are now accepting applications for a limited number of seats in the Nurse Practitioner (NP) program for January 2022 admission. Applicants must be Registered Nurses with an active (or eligible for) NS license, and have completed a minimum of two (2) years of full-time, relevant clinical practice at the time of application. Application deadline is November 30th, 2021. More information on admission requirements available here.
Why choose to become an NP?
Nurse practitioners are registered nurses with a graduate degree in Advanced Nursing Practice and an expanded scope of practice. Expanded scope of practice entails the ability to diagnosis, perform procedures, order and interpret screening /diagnostic tests and prescribe treatment to specific client populations. Dalhousie’s Master of Nursing (NP) practice-based program is framed within a philosophy of primary healthcare, that prepares students to become nursing advance practice leaders with a clinical focus in either adult or family all ages.
For more information and inquiries, please contact the Graduate Programs Admin Assistant at email@example.com.
- Dawn Googoo is named one of Best Health's 2021 Health Heros
- Prioritized seats Dal BScN Mi'kmaq and ANS students Nov 19 2021
- National NP Week November 7‑13
- Call for applications: Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) program‑September 2022 admission
- Dawn GooGoo's Information Morning Interview about her new role through Dalhousie's L'nu Nursing Initiative
- Call for applications: Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program‑ January 2022 admission
- Athanasius Sylliboy receiving the Dr. Robert Strang Community Hero Award
- Acknowledging the past and a commitment to action