» Go to news main
Call for applications: Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program‑ January 2022 admission
We are now accepting applications for a limited number of seats in the Nurse Practitioner (NP) program for January 2022 admission. Applicants must be Registered Nurses with an active (or eligible for) NS license, and have completed a minimum of two (2) years of full-time, relevant clinical practice at the time of application. Application deadline is November 30th, 2021. More information on admission requirements available here.
Why choose to become an NP?
Nurse practitioners are registered nurses with a graduate degree in Advanced Nursing Practice and an expanded scope of practice. Expanded scope of practice entails the ability to diagnosis, perform procedures, order and interpret screening /diagnostic tests and prescribe treatment to specific client populations. Dalhousie’s Master of Nursing (NP) practice-based program is framed within a philosophy of primary healthcare, that prepares students to become nursing advance practice leaders with a clinical focus in either adult or family all ages.
For more information and inquiries, please contact the Graduate Programs Admin Assistant at email@example.com.
- National NP Week November 13‑19
- The School of Nursing Welcomes Dr. Leigh Chapman, Chief Nursing Officer for Health Canada
- Call for applications: Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program January 2023 admission
- Celebrating Caritas Colleague Lisa Godberg‑Watson Caring Science Institute
- International Black Health Conference
- Patient Partners and researchers work together to navigate and spread knowledge about nurse‑led primary care in Nova Scotia
- Congrats to Ashley Jadis Bradley for being awarded a bursary through Indspire’s Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards program.
- Q&A: Nursing Students & LTC Placement Opportunities