School of Nursing News» Go to news main
Dr. Ruth Martin‑Misener has been appointed Director, School of Nursing 2019‑2024
Dr. Ruth Martin-Misener has been appointed Director, School of Nursing, Assistant Dean, Faculty of Health for the period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2024.
Dr. Martin-Misener has served in this role in an Interim capacity for the past year and has shepherded the School through the first year of implementing the School of Nursing Strategic Plan, the graduation of the last class of the 4-year BScN program (Halifax and Yarmouth sites) and the graduation of the first class from the new 3-year BScN Program. Noteworthy is that the BScN Program at Nunavut Arctic College has received approval for three years from the Registered Nurses Association of the Northwest Territories and the NP Program was funded by Labor and Advanced Education to increase the number of seats by 25 over the next two years in collaboration with Cape Breton University. In addition, a proposal for a graduate-level RN Prescribing Certificate Program has been submitted to the Faculty of Health for approval.
Dr. Martin-Misener brings leadership experience in nursing academic programs within Dalhousie and has contributed largely to the advancement of the NP program in Canada with a leadership style that is both transformative and collaborative with key strengths in supporting inter professional learning.
We thank Dr. Martin-Misener for her leadership on over the past year and wish her the best for continued leadership over the next five years.
- SON Director, Prof Inducted to American Academy of Nursing
- JBI Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Workshop
- 34 new members inducted into STTI Rho Rho Chapter
- Academic Appointments
- SON, Nunavut Arctic College celebrate their 20‑year successful, collaborative partnership
- SON 2019 Scholarships, Recipients of the Nursing R&D Grants
- Updates from Yarmouth Campus
- Dr. Ruth Martin‑Misener has been appointed Director, School of Nursing 2019‑2024