School of Nursing News» Go to news main
New BScN Program Accredited by CASN
The Dalhousie University School of Nursing is extremely pleased to announce that it received the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing's (CASN's) Path A Accreditation for our new Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSCN) Degree! This includes both Halifax and Yarmouth Sites. The CASN report indicates that our program (the BSCN curriculum) has met all of the required accreditation standards.
Developing the new BSCN curriculum was a collaborative, inclusive process and involved many groups. Students and other valued stakeholders had input in the development of the new program including: Faculty of Health, NSHA and IWK, patients, family members, and the Departments of Health and Wellness, Labour & Advanced Education. We again wish to thank the many stakeholders who were involved. The program is strong because of their collaboration.
Our new BSCN program spans two years, six semesters for advanced standing students, and three years, eight semesters for direct entry students.
This is a great time at the School of Nursing. The University and the Faculty of Health are also very excited about the program. Our curriculum is aligned with changing population health needs and how health services are delivered in Nova Scotia. The BSCN is being held, and will continue to be held, as a model for innovation in nursing education nationally and internationally.
- Dalhousie University School of Nursing to visit regional sites in Western Zone
- National NP Week November 13‑19
- The School of Nursing Welcomes Dr. Leigh Chapman, Chief Nursing Officer for Health Canada
- Celebrating Caritas Colleague Lisa Godberg‑Watson Caring Science Institute
- International Black Health Conference
- Patient Partners and researchers work together to navigate and spread knowledge about nurse‑led primary care in Nova Scotia
- Congrats to Ashley Jadis Bradley for being awarded a bursary through Indspire’s Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards program.
- Q&A: Nursing Students & LTC Placement Opportunities