News» Go to news main
Meet our MBA Society president Corey Wheaton
Name: Corey Wheaton
Society: Dalhousie MBA Society
Degree/Major: Master's in Business Administration
Why were you interested in being a society president?
On a personal level, I was excited to act as a leader and representative of my program and have insight into program happenings and changes. My goal is to make a difference in our program through cultural, academic and brand-building initiatives.
What do you think the most exciting part of being a society leader will be?
Being able to lead a team of high-performing individuals to success and create resources for future cohorts to help them succeed.
What are the most important aspects of the society that you would like to focus on this year?
Case competition growth, increased collaboration across the first- and second-year cohort, supporting Management Career Services in career prep and increasing connections to Dalhousie’s MBA alumni.
Are there any new activities or events you want to introduce this year?
Mini–case competitions, industry preparatory sessions and conflict resolution resources.
How do you think your society can help students become more engaged in Dalhousie and support them in having a better university experience?
Our society does the following to improve our members’ experiences:
- Helping to build relationships in our program
- Acting as liaisons to the faculty
- Communicating student issues to different departments
- Highlighting and advertising the success of students in our program
- Creating connections to external businesses, volunteer programs and alumni
- Two Bachelor of Commerce graduates on the importance of extra‑curricular activities and people skills
- Knowing her worth: Kayler Mutyabule
- Patrick Law: Pivoting cross‑country
- Building on passion: Francesca Hawkes
- Taking it further: Rebecca Osamudiame
- Isioma Oye‑Onwuka: A student profile
- Q&A with Dana Kabat‑Farr
- Himanshu Kumar: A student profile