Bachelor of Social Work
About the BSW via online delivery
- Our BSW program is delivered almost-entirely online through a learning management system known as Brightspace, which you can access from any computer. Learn more about the Brightspace system and course delivery.
- It is important to note that this program is open only to Canadians and permanent residents living in Canada as defined by Revenue Canada.
- You can choose between full-time and part-time studies. Many of our students complete their degree part-time while working full-time jobs. We’ll work with you to create a course sequence that fits your life as well as your degree requirements.
- You should expect to spend about 3 hours per course per week on course activities and 6-8 hours per course per week on readings and/or assignments, just like a campus class.
- Each course is divided into modules. Within each module, you can log in to the course and complete your work at times that fit your schedule.
- All tests and assignments can be submitted online. You do not have to arrange for proctored examination locations in your home community.
- You will come to campus in the month of May for part of SLWK 2335, the second half of Beginning Social Work Practice. This mandatory 2-week residency is a great chance to connect with faculty and staff and meet your classmates in person.
- As a BSW student, you will complete a 700-hour Field Placement (Practicum) at a social work agency in your home community.
- Your distance experience will be comparable to the campus experience, and your degree will be exactly the same.
- We help you to navigate your online courses. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.