What is Brightspace?
Brightspace is a collection of learning tools that allow students to experience interactive online learning. Brightspace is used around the world, in settings from government offices to universities, from corporations to K-12 schools. Brightspace is a leading learning management systems (LMS) for online education.
Here are some features of online education at the Dalhousie School of Social Work:
- You can access all of your courses from from any computer via the Dalhousie University homepage.
- Each course has a site that includes weekly uploaded content, a copy of your syllabus, non-textbook readings, links to resources, and interactive communication tools to connect with your instructor and fellow students.
- There are no assigned class times. Live sessions are scheduled, recorded and archived for students who cannot attend in real time.
- Assignments and tests are submitted online.
Where do I go to login to my courses?
Once you have a Net ID and password, you can log into BbL from the Brightspace link on the Dalhousie homepage or go to dal.ca/brightspace.
Where are my courses?
- Course sites are available on the first day of the academic term.
- If you cannot see your course, contact email@example.com.