Master of Social Work
About the MSW via online delivery
- Our MSW program is delivered entirely online through a learning management system known as Brightspace, which you can access from any computer. Learn more about the Brightspace system and course delivery.
- It is important to note that this program is open only to Canadians and permanent residents living in Canada as defined by Revenue Canada.
- The MSW by distance delivery is generally completed in 3 years of part-time study. It can be completed in as little as 2 years. We’ll work with you to create a course sequence that fits your life as well as your degree requirements.
- You should expect to spend about 3 hours per course per week on course activities and 6-8 hours per course per week on readings and/or assignments, just like a campus class.
- Flexible: each course is divided into modules. Within each module, you can log in to the course and complete your work at times that fit your schedule.
- All tests and assignments can be submitted online. You do not have to arrange for proctored examination locations in your home community.
- As an MSW student, you will complete a 450-hour Field Placement (Practicum) at a social work agency in your home community.
- Your distance experience will be comparable to the campus experience, and your degree will be exactly the same.
- We help you to navigate your online courses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.