Skip to main content

Eligibility for graduating students

Graduating from Dal? Here's what you can expect from the Student Health & Wellness Centre going forward.


If you are a graduating student that has been using the Student Health & Wellness Centre, you may have some questions about what happens when you graduate. Please review the commonly asked questions and our answers below. If you have any additional questions, contact the Student Health & Wellness Centre at 902-494-2171

Can I still use the Student Health & Wellness Centre if I am graduating?

You are able to continue using the services at the Student Health & Wellness Centre until August 31 of your graduating year (or December 31 for those who graduate in the fall). This includes medical, counselling and social work services. Services are available to those who currently reside in Nova Scotia.
If you have been seeing a physician, the physician and the Student Health & Wellness Centre team can assist you in transferring your file to an outside family physician. 

I am graduating, but I am registered to return as a graduate student this fall. Can I still use services at the Student Health & Wellness Centre?

Yes. Graduate students have access to the Student Health & Wellness Centre. 

How do I find an off-campus family physician in Nova Scotia after I graduate?

To find a list of family physicians taking on new patients in Nova Scotia, visit the Nova Scotia Health Authority website

How can I access mental health services in Nova Scotia after I graduate?

Mental health and addictions support in our community is available through the Nova Scotia Health Authority and/or through private-practice psychologists often covered through insurance plans.