Dalhousie Student Health & Wellness works to create a safe and comfortable environment for everyone using our services, including those of the Rainbow community. Please let us know your preferred name and your pronouns when you visit.
LGBTQ2SIA+ services offered by the Student Health & Wellness Centre
Healthcare professionals at the Student Health & Wellness Centre in Halifax provide services including:
- initiating and maintaining cross-hormone therapy
- providing letters of readiness for gender reaffirming surgery (this includes the letter required from a family doctor only)
- prescribing appropriate medication following completion of assessment
You can also book an appointment at the Student Health & Wellness Centre if you are questioning or have questions about your gender identity. When you make your appointment at the Student Health & Wellness Centre, you must request for Dr. Glenn Andrea, Dr. Muna Chowdhury, Dr. Amy Mallory or Dr. Samantha Stasiuk.
Tip: Our health professionals will personalize their assessment based on their abilities and their knowledge of you. Common topics you will talk about include:
- medical history (both physical and mental)
- alcohol and drug involvement
- family and social relationships
- sexual orientation and practices
- economic considerations and gender concerns
- body parts and symptoms (specific to the reason you are coming into the clinic)
LGBTQ2SIA+ services offered by Health Services
To discuss healthcare services to discuss your LGBTQ2SIA+ needs, you can book an appointment with the physician at Health Services in Truro.