Due to ongoing renovations, the 2SLGBTQ+ Office will be only accessible by a small set of stairs until August 2023 (exact date TBD). Please let Olivia know ahead of your meeting time if you require a more accessible meeting location, and one will be arranged.
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor (Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and any non-normative identities) supports students through 1-1 advising, group programming, and campus-wide educational events to create a student experience that is meaningful and facilitates a sense of belonging.
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor also serves as a resource for members of the Dalhousie and University of King's College community, including faculty and staff, to further support 2SLGBTQ+ students.
The roles of the 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor include:
- Promoting academic and personal growth of all 2SLGBTQ+ students through advising support
- Offering programs to educate the institution about sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- Advancing access and equity of 2SLGBTQ+ students at Dalhousie and the University of King's College
When to reach out:
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor, Olivia Fader, is available for appointments for any reason, large or small. This includes:
- Accessing and referrals to gender affirming care
- Seeking support around name or gender marker changes at Dalhousie (or provincially)
- Navigating any of the services at Dalhousie
- Advocacy for matters related to identity or gender expression
- Talking about your experiences, including any barriers you may be facing (academic, wellness, belonging, etc.)
- Discussing any program or service ideas you may have, or any opportunities to collaborate
- Identifying gaps in supports for students
- And more!
Contact info and office hours:
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor Office is located in the Student Accessibility Centre (Killam Library, Room G25). Our hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you’re unavailable for appointments during our office hours, Olivia is happy to find an alternative time to meet with you. Appointments can also be held elsewhere on campus.