The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor (Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and any non-normative identities) supports students through 1-1 advising, group programming, and campus-wide educational events to create a student experience that is meaningful and facilitates a sense of belonging.
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor also serves as a resource for members of the Dalhousie and University of King's College community, including faculty and staff, to further support 2SLGBTQ+ students.
The roles of the 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor include:
- Promoting academic and personal growth of all 2SLGBTQ+ students through advising support
- Offering programs to educate the institution about sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression
- Advancing access and equity of 2SLGBTQ+ students at Dalhousie and the University of King's College
When to reach out:
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor, Olivia Fader, is available for appointments for any reason, large or small. This includes:
- Accessing and referrals to gender affirming care
- Seeking support around name or gender marker changes at Dalhousie (or provincially)
- Navigating any of the services at Dalhousie
- Advocacy for matters related to identity or gender expression
- Talking about your experiences, including any barriers you may be facing (academic, wellness, belonging, etc.)
- Discussing any program or service ideas you may have, or any opportunities to collaborate
- Identifying gaps in supports for students
- And more!
Contact info and office hours:
The 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor Office is located in the Student Accessibility Centre (Killam Library, Room G25). Our hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In-person, phone, and virtual appointments are now available. Appointments can be booked online. Students can also contact Olivia Fader at email@example.com or (902) 494-6947.
If you’re unavailable for appointments during our office hours, Olivia is happy to find an alternative time to meet with you. Appointments can also be held elsewhere on campus.