Stay Connected (Halifax - Studley Campus)
Through the Stay Connected Mental Health Project, Dalhousie has two on-campus peer support workers on Studley Campus who provide free, non-judgmental, confidential, and safe mental health support to students.
Our peer support workers have received 16 hours of training adapted from the Nova Scotia Certified Peer Support Specialist Program and other training programs from across Canada. They also have their own personal experiences with mental health, allowing them to identify, relate to, and support students on a peer-to-peer level.
A few examples of conversation starters that Peer Supports may use are:
- How did you get involved with the Stay Connected Mental Health Project?
- How do you practice self-care?
- How do you manage assignment and exam stress?
- How do you balance school and your social life?
- What is your top study tip?
- If you had to write a letter to yourself in first year, what advice would you give?
Peer Support Hours
Monday - Thursday from 4–6pm in the SUB Wellness Room (B22)
Fridays from 1 - 3pm in the Melda Murray Student Centre
Hours effective September 5, 2023