Dal After Dark is a program to provide Dalhousie and King’s students with an opportunity to host fun and interactive events that are alcohol-free and open to all.
While some students choose to drink in university, not everyone does. Dal After Dark provides fun and safe events where students won't feel any pressure to consume alcohol!
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirements
For Dal After Dark events held on campus, attendees will not be required to provide proof of vaccine. In accordance with Public Health guidelines, for all Dal After Dark events being held off campus, attendees will be required to provide proof of vaccine.
Grant Funding of up to $750 for alternative event programming is available for Dalhousie/King's students and student groups for events that meet the following Dal After Dark guidelines:
- The event will be alcohol-and substance-free.
- The event will not promote alcohol consumption or cannabis use in any way.
- Must be open to all Dalhousie/King’s students.
- Applications must be submitted by Sunday at 4pm (Atlantic Time) four weeks prior to the event date. Applications submitted after this deadline risk not being reviewed until the following week.
Grant Funding will be determined by a selection committee comprised of students and professional staff. The Selection Committee will review applications on Mondays two weeks in advance of the event date.
Priority will be given to events hosted on Halloween (October 31, 2021), Munro Day (February 7, 2022) and St. Patricks Day (March 17, 2022).
In order to fund as many different societies as possible, we will be limiting Grant Funding to 1 grant per society per semester.)
The Grant Application Process
Prior to the event
- Submit Grant Application (at least 4 weeks before event).
- Grant Application is reviewed by committee.
- Following the review: the primary event organizer is contacted with either a notification of approval or follow up questions regarding the event.
- If clarification is needed, the application will be on hold until all concerns are addressed. The time frame of the approval process will then depend on the applicants' response time.
- Following Approval: once approved, you will be required to meet with a Dal After Dark member to further discuss the event and provide clarification on event funding, promotion, and support.
- As part of the grant approval email, you will be provided with a grant package that ought to be completed and returned within 10 days of the event.
After the event
- Reimbursement: within 10 days of the event you are required to provide the Dal After Dark team with:
- Any receipts, invoices, or event orders that require reimbursement.
- A completed grant package along with a summary of the event, photos, and sign in sheet.
- Debrief Meeting: a meeting will be set up to provide feedback regarding the event and Dal After Dark as a whole.
- This is also an opportunity to submit any receipts for reimbursement.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the primary event organizer to provide the Dal After Dark team with original receipts and sign in sheets in order to receive reimbursement for the event.
The Dal After Dark team can assist you with any questions prior to the event and provide support for event promotion and organization, however, it is not the responsibility of the Dal After Dark team or Grant Committee to remind you of any outstanding payments/reimbursements.
Funding for a Dal After Dark event is provided through reimbursements or invoice payments.
As a primary event organizer, you are required to provide the Dal After Dark Team with the invoices, event orders, or receipts for which you require funding within 10 days of the event.
Please note that Dal After Dark funding can be provided for the following expenses:
- Printing of Promotional Materials
- Room Bookings
- Professional Services (external)
- Other - on a case by case basis (confirmation required)
Dal After Dark funding will not fund events that provide alcohol, cannabis, or other substances.
Stay tuned for upcoming events!