On Track Microbursaries
At Dalhousie we want to ensure students have the support they need to be successful, including emergency financial assistance. That’s why our President Dr. Richard Florizone and his wife, Dr. Mona Holmlund, contributed $50,000 as part of a crowdsourcing campaign to establish the On Track Microbursary program. The program has since raised over $165,000, donated generously from our community members, to help support students.
What is it?
- Emergency funds available to Dalhousie students
(up to $500 per student, per academic term)
- Added to student's DalCard or provided by cheque
Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate, direct entry students in any faculty (all campuses)
- First and second year students
- Full-time and part-time students
- Students can apply once per academic term (semester)
How do you apply?
To apply, you must complete all four of the following steps:
- Pick up a registration form at one of the following locations:
Studley: Bissett Student Success Centre or Registrar's Office
Truro: Student Success Centre or Enrolment Services
- Make an appointment with a Student Success Advisor
Halifax: Bissett Student Success Centre
Truro: Student Success Centre
- Make an appointment for financial advising with:
Studley & Truro: Pamela Goodwin, Assistant Registrar (Financial Aid)
Sexton: John-Mark Dawson, Coordinator, Student Services Centre (Acting)
- Drop off the completed registration form
Studley: Registrar's Office
Sexton: Sexton Campus Student Service Centre
Truro: Enrolment Services
Unable to pick up the forms on campus? Call any of the offices listed above for more information.