Hands-on experience in the field of your choice
Our cooperative (co-op) education programs provide students an opportunity to apply classroom learning in a professional work place. Students alternate semesters of academic study with semesters of full-time, paid employment in positions related to their discipline/career interests.
Explore co-op programs at Dalhousie:
Why choose co-op?
By combining classroom study with hands-on experience, students gain the skills necessary to become knowledgeable professionals in their field of study. Through co-op, students have an opportunity to:
- apply classroom theory to a practical environment
- learn from experts in the field
- uncover strengths, interests and career goals
- earn a paycheque
- develop a network of professional contacts
- gain real-world experience
- apply confidently for employment upon graduation
Placement opportunities extend beyond the limits of Halifax; students may seek a co-op placement anywhere in Canada or around the world.