RBC Sustainability Leadership Certificate
2018-2019 Program Dates
Participants are required to attend all three modules to obtain the certificate, although attendance may be completed over multiple academic years. Financial support from the RBC Foundation makes it possible for us to offer this program at minimal cost for students to help offset the cost of meals and materials.
Wed. 10 Oct. Application Deadline
Fri. 12 Oct. Payment Deadline
*If space is available, applications will be considered after the deadline
Leadership Module 1: October 19-21, 2018
Friday, Oct 19: Check-in: 5:30pm, Module Session: 6-9pm
Saturday, Oct 20: Check-in: 9:30am, Module Session: 10am-6pm
Sunday, Oct 21: Check-in 9:30am, Module Session 10-2pm
Leadership Module 2: January 18-19, 2019
Friday, Jan 18: Check-in: 5:30pm, Module Session: 6-9pm
Saturday, Jan 19: Check-in: 9:30am, Module Session: 10am-6pm
Pecha Kucha: March 13, 2019
Wednesday, March 13: 6-9pm (UniClub)
Leadership Module 3: March 22-23, 2019
Friday, Mar 22: Check-in: 5:30pm, Module Session: 6-9pm
Saturday, Mar 23: Check-in: 9:30am, Module Session: 10am-6pm
To complete the certificate, students are required to:
1) attend all three weekend modules (not necessarily in one academic year);
2) engage in two action projects; and
3) complete several reflection exercises on their personal program experiences.
Estimate of Time Committment:
• 10 hours per weekend module (Friday evening through Saturday), as well as an additional four hours for the evening Project Presentation dinner. In addition, expect between 15-20 hours of work between each module to complete assignments.
• Thanks to funding from RBC Foundation, the cost for the entire course is $150 (to cover the cost of meals and materials).
• You can apply for a DSU Member Grant to be considered for a $100 rebate towards this program. Apply here for the DSU grant.
• Attendance is required at all three weekend modules, but may be completed over multiple academic years.
The program is open to all Dalhousie students and graduates (first year ESS students and second and year and above for students in all other majors/programs).
Visit the DSU website to apply for a member grant to cover up to $100 of the SLC program fees.