Take advantage of our many advising opportunities during your time in the Psychology and Neuroscience program. There are three types of advising available to Dalhousie students: program, academic, and Registrar's office.
The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience offers students access to advisors and mentors that can assist you with any questions you have prior to and throughout your Neuroscience or Psychology program at Dal.
Program advisors assist in guiding your course selections to meet the requirements of your major or minor. Please note that appointments must be made 24 hrs in advance or the professor may not be available. You can schedule appointments within a three-week timeframe. If you can't find a suitable time, please check back regularly as new slots for upcoming weeks become available. For time-sensitive issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact a Faculty Advisor
Dalhousie's Academic Advising team provides degree (BSc, BA) advising and academic planning, including accommodations and personal coaching, to help you reach your educational, career and life goals.
- Clarify your education and career goals
- Explore programs
- Choose courses that relate to your goals and interests
- Address concerns about your studies
- Develop strategies for academic success from first-year to graduation
- Identify skill-building opportunities
- Problem-solve if you are struggling in school
- Explore academic options when faced with personal/family emergency
- Determine appropriate accommodations support when required
- Determine where to go for additional information
Advisors in the Registrar's Office
The Registrar's office also has advisors who are able to help with:
- Transfer credits
- Degree requirements and academic regulations
- Bursaries and temporary loans