News» Go to news main
Alba Garcia Rodriguez receives the 2016 Master of Marine Management Gold Award
The Marine Affairs Program is pleased to announce that Alba Garcia Rodriguez is the recipient of the annual MMM Gold Award. The award is presented to the MMM graduate that has demonstrated high academic performance and best exemplifies MAP’s objectives of providing its graduates with the knowledge skills and attitudes necessary to be a leader in the field of marine affairs.
While at MAP, Alba’s research interests led her to undertake an internship with the Sustainable Grenadines Inc., an NGO located on Union Island, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. She studied the density of an economically important marine species in Union Island and the Tobago Cays Marine Park (TCMP), the queen conch (Lobatus gigas), and the effectiveness of the TCMP on the conservation of this species. You can learn about Alba through her profile and her graduate project, Queen conch in the Grenadines islands: A preliminary assessment on its abundance and current management needs.
- Making Waves 2018: Marine Management student's research presentations
- Assessing Coastal Restoration Needs in Nunavut: DFO Coastal Restoration Fund Project Announced
- Traditional Land‑use Knowledge of Canadian Arctic Inuit
- The Making of an Ocean Hero
- Public Lecture by the RCGS Explorer‑in‑Residence
- Making Waves: Graduate Project Presentations of the MMM class of 2017
- Master of Marine Management Information Session 2017
- MAP is celebrating 30 years of education, research and outreach