Scholarships, awards, and bursaries.
Modern classrooms and facilities.
Endowment funds that help our students realize their potential.
The money you give works wonders...
And we make it easy for you to make a difference:
|Many find the easiest and fastest way to give is online.
Our secure online giving form takes just minutes to complete, and lets you decide how often you wish to donate, the area you’d like to support, and if you’d like to dedicate your gift in honour of someone special.
|Call Sarah B. MacDonald, Assistant Dean, Advancement at 902.476.3212 to make a gift or pledge.|
To mail your donation please download, print and complete our pledge form and mail it with your cheque (made payable to "Dalhousie University") or credit card information to:
You can make recurring credit card donations by using the methods above
Get in Touch
|Sarah B. MacDonald
Assistant Dean, Advancement
Class Giving Projects
What are Class Giving Projects?
Class Giving Projects are about Schulich Law alumni reuniting with their class and working together to make a difference in the lives of current and future students. Whether it’s used for a scholarship or bursary, for enhancing the student experience, or for other initiatives that classes are passionate to support, Class Giving Projects offer alumni a chance to leave a legacy while fulfilling a need of students at the law school. These projects are funded through the direct solicitation of the individuals in the class and receive guidance from Dalhousie’s Office of Advancement, specifically the Annual Giving team.
How can the Schulich School of Law help with my class giving project?
|Dalhousie’s Annual Giving team will work with you and provide key support to help with the success of your Class Giving Project.
• Connecting with the relevant faculty to align your class project with their current priorities and areas of greatest need;
• Creating a gift agreement, which outlines the criteria of the fund and ensures the intentions of the class are carried out for years to come, and an account to hold the funds at Dalhousie until they are ready to be used;
• Providing a list of names of alumni who can be contacted about the project;
• Assisting with the creation and distribution of communications, including emails, letters, phone scripts and social media posts;
• Creating an online giving link to provide easy donation options;
• Providing regular updates to the Glass Giving Project Committee about the total funds raised.
For information on Class Giving Projects please contact:
Associate Development Officer, Annual Giving
Current Class Giving Projects
- Class of 1958 Bursary
- Class of 1961 & 1962 Dean's Speaker Series
- Class of 1966 Dugald Christie Bursary in Advocacy Law
- Class of 1967 Teaching Award
- Class of 1968 Bursary
- Class of 1971 Bursary
- Class of 1974 Bursary (6 bursaries)
- Class of 1977 Edna Chambers Judicial Remedies Prize
- Class of 1983 Charles (Chuck) Meagher Law Hour
- Class of 1987 Raylene Rankin Memorial Bursary
- Class of 1990 Memorial Award
- Class of 1993 Bursary
- Class of 1995 Bursary
- Class of 1996 Bursary
- Class of 1998 Internship
- Class of 2000 Bursary
The impact of giving
"Although bursaries are monetary gifts, they really are more than that. It's a message saying 'We made it, so can you, and here's a little help.'"
ADDISON LEIGH (JD CANDIDATE ’21)