M. Caroline Prince Scholarship
An endowment of funds by the late M. Caroline Prince to be used to provide one or more scholarships to either full-time or part-time students in the BSW program who are taking two to three credits. If there are no first year, part-time students eligible, second year, part-time students will be considered.
- Annual earnings from the fund will be used to provide one or more scholarships to students engaged either in full-time or part-time study in the BSW program who are taking two to three credits.
- If there are no first year full-time or part-time students eligible, second year, part-time students will be considered.
- The earnings available for spending on an annual basis will be determined by the Endowment Management Policy as approved by the Board of Governors of the University.
- The award will be given for all-round excellence measured by grades in the SLWK 2222: Advancing Social Justice; as well as the student's motivation, and suitability for social work.
- The nature and extent of the students' workload and outside responsibilities motivation will be taken into account, other things being equal.
- If in any given year there are no students who meet the requirements as specified, the earnings for that year will be added to the capital of the fund.
The Estate of M. Caroline Prince
By nomination from Faculty and/or BSW Committee
The award is to be made annually during the winter term
Amount of bursary:
To Be Determined
The course instructor for SLWK 2222 will consult and make a recommendation to the BSW Committee. If no agreement is reached, the BSW Program Committee will make the final decision.