Association of Black Social Workers Bursary
To assist African Canadian students who are attending a recognized university; studying towards a social work degree.
Rules & Regulations:
1. This is an annual bursary. The applicant must apply in writing to the Chairperson of the Bursary Committee, before October 15th.
2. The application must be accompanied by:
a) a cover letter, demonstrating your need for this bursary;
b) a complete resume, outlining the applicant’s paid and unpaid work in the social field; and
c) two (2) letters of reference, one academic and one work or community related. Each reference should speak to the applicant’s suitability to the field of social work.
3. The total number of bursaries will be based on the amount available in the Bursary Fund in any given year.
4. The amount of each bursary will not exceed $300.00
5. Only the successful applicant/s will be notified before December 1st and will be presented with their Bursary by mid January. The successful candidate/s must be willing to attend an ABSW or social work function, acknowledging receipt of the Bursary.
Priority will be given to those students who are actively involved with the Association of Black Social Workers. Incomplete applications will be not be considered.
Submit your curriculum vitae, two letters of reference, a cover letter demonstrating the need for the bursary and the Bursary Fund Application Form to:
Director, C/O Linda Power
School of Social Work
Suite 3201-1459 LeMarchant Street
P.O. Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
October 15th annually.
Amount of scholarship:
To Be Determined
The Association of Black Social Workers Selection Committee