Become a Preceptor
Educate and Mentor
Students bring current knowledge and new ideas to the practice area. The enthusiasm and energy they bring is stimulating for us as educators."
Tripta Devichand, Clinical Instructor and Physiotherapist
Dalhousie needs clinical educators. Clinical experience comprises a significant portion of student education in the Faculty of Health. Enrollment has increased in many of our professional programs, and more opportunities and diversity are needed in student placements to meet society's increased health care needs.
Dalhousie University has affiliations with major teaching hospitals, health authorities and agencies across the region. However, placements are not limited to these organizations - we have the ability to negotiate new agreements to place students at a variety of sites - contact us for further details.
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Preceptor
- The personal satisfaction of watching students grow as professionals.
- Educate and meet your future colleagues.
- Gain new perspectives on clinical practice and develop skills in adult education.
- Opportunity to learn about new technologies and trends in clinical practice.
- Opportunity to alter or expand services for clients, families and caregivers.
- Development of supervision and leadership skills.
- Recruit new staff.
- Gain access to university resources.
- Earn continuing education credits for your professional portfolio.
- Play a role in educating the next generation of professionals.