Our faculty, staff and students are committed to improving the well-being of individuals, families, communities and populations through diverse health programming, collaborative research and strong community partnerships.
The Faculty of Health is one of the largest faculties at Dalhousie, comprised of eight schools, one college and one program, more than 200 faculty members, 80 staff members, and over 3,000 students. The most programmatically diverse health faculty in Canada, our students are exposed to a broad range of health topics and learning experiences.
Eight reasons to study in Dalhousie's Faculty of Health
- We have the greatest number and diversity of health professional programs in one Faculty in Canada. You'll be a part of something bigger, have opportunities to take courses in other health disciplines, and learn from other professionals around you.
- Our professors are known for their leading research in a diverse range of health topics. Students have the opportunity to learn from renowned researchers and conduct their own research projects.
- Our professional programs are unique in Atlantic Canada. This is the place to study Clinical Vision Science, Communication Sciences and Disorders (Audiology and Speech Language Pathology), Health Promotion, Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Therapeutic Recreation. And, our Pharmacy program is the only one in the Maritime Provinces.
- We offer unparalled opportunities for interprofessional education, ensuring all students graduate with experience working as part of a collaborative health team. Our Collaborative Health Education Building brings together students from more than 40 health related programs at Dalhousie to learn about, from and with one another.
- Our programs are accredited, ensuring they meet the standards of national regulating bodies. After writing certification exams, you'll be eligible to practice your profession nationally.
- Our students participate in meaningful and engaging clinical practicum placements, including interprofesisonal student team placements, in rural and urban settings throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Our graduates are in high demand. Students in many of our professional programs have a job offer upon graduation.
- Our PhD in Health program is the only of its kind in Canada to foster extensive, multidisciplinary research at the PhD level.