You submitted your application. What's next?
- Once your application is complete, you should receive confirmation from your department. This should include an indication of when a decision can be expected. For additional information, please reach out directly to your department.
- The department you applied to will do a formal review of your application, verify your reference letters, and make a recommendation to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies performs a final review, verifies supporting documentation, such as English-language test scores, and gives the final approval of your application.
- When the final decision is made, you will receive an email from the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies that includes an attachment of your official offer of admission letter from the University Registrar.
- You may be asked to pay an admission deposit to reserve a seat in your program.
Deferring your start date
You may choose to defer your acceptance up to 12 months from the original start date. You will need to receive permission from your department, which must be followed by approval from the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Once you have been officially accepted, please contact your department to request a deferral of your start date.