Getting set up
Set yourself up at FCS
All students, faculty, and staff are automatically assigned a username and password to access the systems run within the Faculty. This account is your Computer Science ID or CSID. You can manage your CSID here.
Note: All students who already have a @cs.dal.ca email (pre-2013) will continue to receive emails at this address and is aliased to the corresponding @dal.ca address. Students enrolling after Fall 2013 will not receive an @cs.dal.ca email address.
Setting a vacation responder in Office 365 email
To forward Office 365 email to another address follow these steps:
1. Login to the myDal portal.
2. Open the Applciation menu at the upper left and select Mail.
3. Click the gear icon at the upper right and select Automatic replies.
4. Click the "Send automatic replies" radio button and the "Send replies only during this time period" checkbox.
5. Set the start and end times for your automatic reply.
6. Enter a reply message in the text box. By default this reply is sent only to users inside Dalhousie.
7. If you wish to send an automatic reply to people outside Dalhousie, check the "Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization".
8. Click OK at the top of the Automatic replies window.
9. Click the user icon at the upper right and select Sign out from the drop down menu.
IMAP access for Office365 email
IMAP access is enabled for email, but does not support the calendaring, contacts, tasks, or notes services. IMAP will allow the use of clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird to be used to send and receive email. The Outlook Web App or one of the above recommended clients will have to be used to access the other Office 365 services.
The required settings for accessing Office 365 email via IMAP are:
|Incoming (IMAP)||Outgoing (SMTP)|
|Authentication||NetID@dal.ca and password|
Legacy email servers
Legacy email service can be reach at: https://webmail.cs.dal.ca
Access Cards, Desk and PED Assignments
Computer science students seeking access cards for entrance to secured study & research areas and/or desk & ped assignment should fill out an Access Request Form.
Computer Science has printers available for students across the Goldberg and Mona Campbell buildings. To setup your printer, please follow the instructions here.
> Next: Academic advising & resources