Jopling Award for Out‑of‑Country Theatre Studies
This award for students enrolled in Dalhousie University degree progarms in Theatre is to enhance their knowledge of theatre through study in another country during the summer period.
The award, valued at $2000, may be divided between two applicants at the discretion of the Student Affairs Committee. The successful recipient will have demonstrated financial need and a minimum GPA of 3.3 in the previous academic year.
The application deadline for Summer 2023 is February 15, 2023.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in a Theatre degree program at Dalhousie University and have completed a minimum of one year (both fall and winter semesters) of their program of study.
• Applicants must provide proof of acceptance by an institution outside of Canada in a program of study meeting the approval of the Student Affairs Committee. It is not mandatory that the summer study be eligible for credit towards a Dalhousie degree program.
• Although the award is for study in a country other than Canada, this does not preclude (the) eligible recipient(s) being enrolled in a 'study abroad' course offered by Dalhousie University or another Canadian educational institution, with a portion of that course being conducted in Canada.
1. Write a letter of 250 - 500 words explaining how your intended course of study outside the country will enhance your overall educational goals.
2. Send your letter via email to email@example.com