FAQ ‑ Architecture Graduates

I have a professional architecture degree from another university and wish to do graduate study. What would you recommend?

The School of Architecture currently does not offer a post-professional program. You may wish to check programs at other architecture schools in Canada or the ACSA's guide to architecture schools in North America. International students who already have a professional architecture degree (a degree that requires no additional university education to practice architecture in their home country) are not eligible for admission to Dalhousie's professional Master of Architecture program to complete another professional architecture degree.

I have a professional architecture degree from another country and wish to become registered as an architect in Canada. What would you recommend?

You should contact the Canadian Architectural Certification Board to arrange for your education to be certified in Canada. The address is:
710 - 1 Nicholas Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 7B7
phone: 613 241 8399 | fax: 613 241 7991
e-mail: info@cacb.ca | CACB web site

If the CACB determines that you still need to complete an architectural subject (typically, professional practice), you may apply to take that course at Dalhousie as a visiting student.