Transfer Credits

Transfer credit is the recognition of previously completed coursework from another post-secondary institution or higher-level secondary curriculum through the granting of credit at Dalhousie.

Types of transfer credit

To start the transfer credit process, select which type of student you are:

Prospective post-secondary applicants

Current Dalhousie students

Learning agreements

If you're taking part in an exchange or study abroad program through the International Centre, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Computer Science or UPMC you must submit a Learning Agreement.

Letters of permission

If you're looking to take courses at another university, pursue a departmental exchange, or pursue a study abroad program (other than those listed under learning agreements), for which you hope to receive credit for towards your Dalhousie degree, you must submit a Letter of Permission

Internal transfers (students who have changed their degree program)

Internal transfer students, who were eligible to receive transfer credits when initially accepted to Dalhousie, are eligible to be reassessed for potential additional transfer credits that may be awarded to a new degree program.

Visit Transfer Applicants and submit an Initial Assessment Request form to begin the process.

Please note: If you have only completed courses at Dalhousie, you do not need to submit a request form. Courses from your previous program will be applied to your new degree program within 2-3 weeks. If you have additional questions, you can contact

Transfer credit search tool

Search courses from other institutions and how they transfer to Dalhousie using the Transfer Credit Equivalency Table. The results shown are subject to change.

Learn how to use the Transfer Credit Equivalencies Search Tool 

University of King's College

Transfer credit assessments for new students at the University of King’s College are coordinated by the King's Registrar's Office. Please contact for more information about transfer credits.

If you are a current King's student with a question about letters of permission, please contact