Applying for Bursaries
Dalhousie University's Undergraduate Bursary program provides funds to assist students in financial need. Bursaries are typically smaller amounts of money, intended to supplement other funding sources. Bursaries won't make up a major part of your funding, but they can fill in the gaps.
2022/2023 Bursary Program
Recognizing the impact of the increased cost of living on many of our students, additional bursary funding for those facing housing and food insecurity will be included in our program for the 2022/2023 year to allow us to better support the financial challenges many are facing.
- Eligible students: Undergraduate, Diploma of Dental Hygiene, and Master of Social Work students are eligible to apply for a bursary. See full eligibility criteria.
- Apply online: The application will be available through Dal Online during the dates below. Login to Dal Online, select the "Student Awards and Financial Aid" menu option, then select "Apply for Financial Aid".
- Email required documents: After applying online, email any required documentation to email@example.com with a subject of "Bursary Application."
- You may apply for a bursary once per academic term.
- Decisions will be sent to your Dalhousie email address approximately three weeks after the deadline.
- If you missed the bursary deadline but find yourself in financial need, please contact the Awards and Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your options.
- If you already received a bursary this term but find you are now experiencing unexpected emergency costs please contact the Awards and Financial Aid Office at email@example.com to explore your options.
|Term||Dates||Deadline to submit an appeal|
|Fall 2022||September 1 - October 15||November 11|
|Winter 2023||January 3 - February 15||TBD|
|Summer 2023||May 1 - June 15||TBD|
Students in Graduate Programs, Law, Medicine or Dentistry
Students in graduate programs, law, medicine or dentistry apply for bursaries through their faculty:
Students attending the University of King's College should contact the King's Registrar's Office for information on available bursaries.
Research external options
There are a number of external scholarships offered to university students on behalf of outside organizations.