Applying for Bursaries
Dalhousie University's Undergraduate Bursary program provides funds to assist students in financial need. Bursaries are typically smaller amounts of money, intended to supplement other funding sources. Bursaries won't make up a major part of your funding, but they can fill in the gaps.
2020/2021 Bursary Program
This year we are providing more financial aid than ever before, recognizing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the financial means of many of our students. We have increased our bursary funding from 3 to 6 million for domestic and international undergraduate students to allow us to better assist in light of the challenges many are facing and respond to the anicipated increase in the number of students in need. Technology bursaries will be available to help students who who face barriers accessing the technology they need to participate successfully in their courses in an online environment.
The winter bursary application will be available December 14th.
- Eligible students: Undergraduate, Diploma of Dental Hygiene, and Master of Social Work students are eligible to apply for a bursary. See full eligibility criteria.
- Apply online: The application will be available through Dal Online during the dates below. Login to Dal Online, select the "Student Awards and Financial Aid" menu option, then select "Apply for Financial Aid".
- Email required documents: After applying online, email any required documentation to email@example.com with a subject of "Bursary Application."
- You may apply for a bursary once per academic term.
- Decisions will be sent to your Dalhousie email address approximately two weeks after you submit your completed application.
- Bursary funds will be paid in late October through email Interac e-transfer.
- If you missed the bursary deadline but find yourself in financial need, please contact the Awards and Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your options.
- If you already received a bursary this term but find you are now experiencing unexpected emergency costs please contact the Awards and Financial Aid Office at email@example.com to explore your options.
|Term||Dates||Deadline to submit an appeal|
|Fall 2020||August 17 - October 15||November 13|
|Winter 2021||December 14 - February 15||March 12|
|Summer 2021||May 3 - June 15||July 9|
Students in Graduate Programs, Law, Medicine or Dentistry
Students in graduate programs, law, medicine or dentistry apply for bursaries through their faculty:
Students attending the University of King's College should contact the King's Registrar's Office for information on available bursaries.
Research external options
There are a number of external scholarships offered to university students on behalf of outside organizations.