Criteria for bursary consideration
- Registered in an undergraduate degree, the Diploma of Dental Hygiene or Master of Social Work program at Dalhousie University.
- Registered in a minimum of 6 credit hours of classes per term.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have applied for government student loans* and/or a bank line of credit* (where available in a student's home country).
- Students may access the bursary program for a maximum of five years.
*Government and/or bank student loans
Students are expected to use all available resources outside of the university before applying to the Bursary Program, including government student loan and/or bank line of credit funding. If you are not eligible for either program, please provide the reasons in the bursary application.
- Bursary assistance is available for only the current academic term.
- Visiting students from other institutions are not eligible for bursaries.
- Use of Dalhousie property for whatever legitimate reason (e.g., class attendance, accommodation, parking, Dalplex, payment of fees in arrangement with another university, or enrolment in a joint program whether or not Dalhousie's name is attached thereto) is not considered registration at Dalhousie University.
- Law, Medicine, Dentistry and graduate (except Master of Social Work) students can contact their respective faculty offices for bursary information.
- Bursaries will not be awarded to cover current or previous debts, nor do we consider outstanding fees or other charges from a previous term.
- Dalhousie University is neither structured, nor mandated, to provide emergency financial services.
Demonstrating financial need
- You must demonstrate financial need by filling out a bursary application through Dal Online.
- Families are expected to contribute to the cost of your education, if they have the means to do so.
- Students are considered dependent on their parents for the first four years out of high school. If you have exceptional circumstances in this regard, please note them in your application.