Top 7 reasons to choose Physics and Atmospheric Sciences at Dal:
- Discover answers to key questions: Is our planet undergoing severe climate change? Or is it just suffering a “glitch”?
- Develop new technologies: Help improve people’s lives—from flat screen televisions to medical imaging instruments.
- Take the certificate in Information Technology in Physics: Increase your opportunities for success in Physics classes and in the job market.
- Join the Dalhousie Undergraduate Physics Society (DUPS): Attend social events or make new friends in the DUPS lounge.
- Get a better understanding of the other sciences, from environmental science to space science.
- Participate in the Physics Department's mentoring program: Get helpful advice from faculty and upper-level students on how to plan for a rewarding career.
- Attend seminars presented by top scholars from institutions around the world: Learn how stars formed in the early universe, or about the latest sustainable energy solutions.
What will I learn?
Labs and tutorials will expand on classroom lectures by giving you hands-on insights. And you can get even more hands-on knowledge by doing a co-op degree in Physics.
What can I do?
With a degree in physics, you could work as a researcher, either for the government or in the private sector. Or you might stay in academia and become a professor, like one Dal Physics alumnus.