Top 5 reasons to study Medical Sciences at Dalhousie:
- We'll help you prepare for professional school: Dal's Medical Sciences program includes core prerequisite courses for medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and graduate studies in related fields, such as physiotherapy, microbiology, immunology, and many more. Plus, the program has been designed with the new MCAT format in mind, helping ensure your success.
- We offer opportunities for diverse careers: Besides professional schools, our program prepares you for graduate studies in biomedical fields or employment in industry, government or academia.
- We provide choices: You'll have the opportunity to choose a specialist field by taking more advanced "selective" classes in your area of interest.
- We get you in the lab: Our honours students benefit from hands-on experience in a biomedical lab.
- We care about the patient: Our program offers core courses in areas such as bioethics and the social determinants of health, helping you develop the skills for working in a patient-centered health-care system.