Top 7 reasons to study Biology at Dalhousie:
- Our professors are world-renowned researchers—and excellent teachers who can inspire you to excel.
- The Biology Department’s core courses ensure you’ll be exposed to key subject areas in preparation for more advanced study.
- Dal’s Biology Department offers the widest range of biology courses in Atlantic Canada.
- You’ll have access to department's herbarium and greenhouse, where cacti, succulents, and other plants are grown for display, and for use in teaching and research.
- Take advantage of the Thomas McCulloch Museum, with its important collection of mounted birds dating back to the 1830s, as well as sea shells, tropical fish, and the Lorenzen ceramic mushroom collection.
- You’ll be near downtown Halifax—but you’ll also be close to the seashore and Nova Scotia’s numerous lakes, forests, bogs, marshes, and meadows, for field study and exploration.
- Explore a number of bursaries and scholarships for new and returning students, as well as funding opportunities for students interested in research.