Today@Dal» Go to news main
Campus flags lowered
Dalhousie's flags in both Halifax and Truro have been lowered in honour of the 215 Indigenous children whose remains were found on the grounds of the Kamloops Residential School, and in solidarity with the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc People, Indigenous communities here in Nova Scotia and across the country. The flags will be at half-mast for 215 hours in recognition of each child who was lost.
For more information on flag protocols, visit dal.ca/flags
A National Indian Residential School Crisis Line has been set up to provide support for former students and those affected. Access emotional and crisis referral services by calling the 24-hour national crisis line: 1-866 925-4419.
We also encourage anyone affected by this news to reach out to the university for available resources and supports.
- The Elders in Residence program is available to students across campus, The Elders are committed to being available to students for guidance, counsel and support.
- The Indigenous Student Centre helps create a sense of belonging to support student success while at Dalhousie. Our Indigenous Student Advisor provides support and advocacy for all of Dalhousie’s Indigenous students.
- Dalhousie’s Human Rights and Equity Services provides confidential advice and support if a member of our community has faced race-based harassment and/or discrimination.
- Students who require immediate support should contact Student Health and Wellness by phone to book an appointment: 902-494-2171 (Halifax); 902-893-6369 (Truro). Additional e-mental health options for students are available, including Good2Talk – free and confidential counselling for post-secondary students (dal.ca/good2talk); Ask a Nurse – confidential answers to your health questions within 72 hrs; and TAO – an online mental health library.
- Faculty and staff resources are available through our Employee Family Assistance Program, which can be accessed at workhealthlife.com or at login.lifeworks.com. Please also visit our remote working site for employees for additional mental health resources.
- Dalhousie’s 2021 United Way Campaign
- Job postings
- Seeking Labs for Green Labs Certification
- Job postings
- Notice of scheduled early morning power outage
- Join the November Sustainability Challenge
- Job posting: Periodontist, tenure‑stream
- Now seeking: Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in the Faculty of Dentistry