A collection of immense talents from Dalhousie and beyond gathered at the Dalhousie Arts Centre this week to put together the university's Bicentennial Launch — a celebration of history, art and culture two centuries in the making.
Featuring the poetry of George Elliott Clarke, and performances from alumni and students — many from the Fountain School of Performing Arts — the event offered a journey through Dal's 200-year history and inspiration for its future.
Photographers Danny Abriel and Nick Pearce were on hand at both the rehearsal and performance to capture how it all came together.
Full coverage - Bicentennial Launch
- Event coverage: "The best is yet to come": Dal 200 launches with poetry, reflection and celebration
- Bicentennial poem: Poetry meets history at City Hall performance
- Well-wishes: Prime Minister, House of Commons salute Dalhousie
- Relive the experience: Watch the archived webcast
- More on Dal's big year: dal200.ca
comments powered by Disqus