- Sexual function/dysfunction
- Sexual and mental health interventions for LGBTQ+ populations
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety and Anxiety-related disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Psychology
BA (Concordia University)
MA/PhD (Ryerson University)
My research interests generally focus on the study of clinical psychology and human sexuality, specifically sexual functioning. My graduate research 1) examined the symptom and biopsychosocial profiles of gay, bisexual, and queer men who experienced recurrent and severe pain during anal penetration, 2) explored possible etiological pathways, 3) tested a theoretical model of maintaining factors, 4) assessed the diagnostic criteria for Genito-Pelvic Pain/Penetration Disorder among gay, bisexual, and queer men, and 5) identified barriers to treatment seeking behaviours. I am also interested in the adaptation of sexual and mental health interventions for LGBTQ+ populations.
- Stratton, N., Mendoza-Alvarez, M., Labrish, C., Barnhart, R. & McMain, S. F. (2018). Predictors of dropout from a 20-week dialectical behavior therapy skills training group for suicidal behaviors and borderline personality disorder. Journal of Personality Disorders.
- Schwartz, D. R., Stratton, N., & Hart, T. A. (2016). Minority stress and mental and sexual health: Examining the Psychological Mediation Framework among gay and bisexual men. Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity, 3, 313-324. doi: 10.1037/sgd0000180
- Hart, T. A., Stratton, N.,Coleman, T. A., Wilson, H. A., Simpson, S. H., Julien, R. E., …, & Adam, B. D. (2016). A pilot trial of a sexual health counseling intervention for HIV-positive gay and bisexual men who report anal sex without condoms. PLoS One, 11. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0152762
- Sutton, K. S., Stratton, N., Pytyck, J., Kolla, N., & Cantor, J. M. (2015). Patient characteristics by type of hypersexuality referral: A quantitative chart review of 115 consecutive male cases. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 41, 563-580. doi: 10.1080/0092623X.2014.935539
- Rellini, A. H., Stratton, N., Tonani, S., Santamaria, V., Brambilla, E., & Nappi, R. E. (2013). Differences in sexual desire between women with clinical versus biochemical signs of hyperandrogenism in polycystic ovarian syndrome. Hormones & Behavior, 63, 65-71. doi: 10.1016/j.yhbeh.2012.10.013